The Neighbors App is where communities hear about what is going on in their neighborhoods. Local agencies should announce their events on Neighbors to drive resident attendance and increase engagement with their community. The best way to raise awareness about your community event is to create a post on the Neighbors Feed.
Here are just a few examples of events that local agencies post about:
- Coffee with a Cop
- Neighborhood Watch Meeting
- Open House
- Community Meeting
- National Night Out
- City Events
- Safety Meeting
How to Create a Post:
1. Click the Create button
2. Select the Community category
3. Enter a location, title, and description for the post in 1,000 characters or less
4. Attach an image or video in JPEG, PNG, or MP4 format (optional)
5. Click Preview
6. Click Post to publish on the Neighbors feed
*1,000 characters maximum
Best Practices for Creating Posts for Community Events
- Add the event address as the post location
- Add a descriptive post title that will grab resident’s attention
- Add the event details and event address in the description
- Add a link to a website with more event details if available in the description
- Encourage your residents to invite their neighbors to increase attendance
Who Will See My Post?
Posts made on the Neighbors App are public and can be shared with anyone. Through the Neighbors App, residents can define the area around their home they want to see posts from. This area can extend up to 5 miles.
Once your specific location post is created, the location associated with the post will be used to determine who will see it. If a resident has chosen to receive posts from that location, they will see your post in their Neighbors Feed. This ensures that residents are only receiving relevant information.
What Happens After I Create a Post?
Residents may comment on it by providing further information, asking for more details, or simply acknowledging your post. They can also contact you directly if you provide your contact information in the post. To keep you updated, you will receive an email notification each time there is activity on a post you’ve created.