Residents want to hear from their local public safety agency when it comes to safety tips and information. Educating your residents on preparedness and preventative measures can help create an overall safer community. The best way to share these tips with your community is by creating a post on the Neighbors Feed.
Here are just a few examples of safety tips that local public safety agencies typically shares with residents:
- 9PM Routine
- Home and Auto Safety
- Flood and Storm Preparedness
- Hurricane Preparedness
- Fire Safety
- Outdoor Safety
How to Create a Post:
1. Sign in to publicsafety.ring.com and click the Create button
2. Select the Safety category
3. Select Regional Post and post to one or more assigned areas or post to your entire jurisdiction
4: Enter post details such as title and description. This is also where you can attach up to 5 images or video to your post.
6. Click Preview, then click Post Now to publish on Neighbors
*1,000 characters maximum
Best Practices for creating safety tip posts
- Add a descriptive post title
- Add images or media to your post
- Keep your description short and concise
- Have a consistent posting schedule. (Tip: Post at least twice a week)
- Create a post in several areas to reach more residents
- Reply back to your residents’ comments
- Write in a friendly, neighborly tone
What Happens After I Create a Post?
Residents may comment on your post providing further information, asking for more details, or simply acknowledging the post. They can also contact you directly if you provide your contact information in the post. To keep you updated, you will receive an email notification each time there is activity on a post you’ve created.
To sort resident engagement on your posts there are two options available. The "Sort By" feature allows you to order resident comments by "Newest" or "Most Helpful".
Begin sorting your post comments by opening your agency post and scrolling down to the comment section, there will be a toggle present for you to choose between the two.
Ready to Create Your Next Post?
Sharing relevant and timely safety information is a simple but impactful way to educate and interact with your community on Neighbors. Our help center includes a shareable graphics section with a library of articles, equipped with images and sample messages for your posts. From Home and Auto safety information to Seasonal Hazards and more, our shareable graphics are available so you can create your next post on NPSS.