Community members value the input from local agencies not only for sharing crime and safety tips, but they also want to get more insight into ongoing incidents happening in their neighborhood. Sharing updates and resolutions on the Neighbors feed is an effective way to keep your community in-the-know.
Here are some examples of sharing resolutions with your community:
- Follow-ups from incidents posted by the community members. This ensures that the community knows that their local agency is reading their posts and acting on it.
- Updates to earlier posts that you have posted. This way the residents know that their input to an investigation was helpful in solving the case.
- Identified or arrested suspects. Provide the peace of mind to the community members of a closed case.
How to Create a Post:
1. Click the Create button
2. Select the relevant post category
3. Enter a location, title, and description for the post in 1,000 characters or less
4. Attach an image or video in JPEG, PNG, or MP4 format (optional)
5. Click Preview
6. Click Post to publish on the Neighbors feed
*1,000 characters maximum
Best Practices For Posting Resolutions
- Add a descriptive post title
- Add images or media to your post
- Keep your description short and concise
- Create a post in several areas to reach more residents
- Reply back to your residents’ comments
- Write in a friendly, neighborly tone
Who Will See My Post?
Posts made on the Neighbors App are public and can be shared with anyone. Through the Neighbors App, residents can define the area around their home they want to see posts from. This area can extend up to 5 miles.
Once your specific location post is created, the location associated with the post will be used to determine who will see it. If a resident has chosen to receive posts from that location, they will see your post in their Neighbors Feed. This ensures that residents are only receiving relevant information.
What Happens After I Create a Post?
Residents may comment on it by providing further information, asking for more details, or simply acknowledging your post. They can also contact you directly if you provide your contact information in the post. To keep you updated, you will receive an email notification each time there is activity on a post you’ve created.