Need to send an urgent message to your community? Local public safety agencies can use Neighbors to inform their community about urgent issues that may potentially affect residents and ask for their assistance. The best way to quickly alert your residents is to create a post on the Neighbors Feed.
Here are just a few examples of urgent messages that local public safety agencies typically send to residents:
- Missing Person
- Police Activity
- Asking for assistance in urgent situations
How To Create a Post:
1. Click the Create button
2. Select the relevant post category
3. Enter a location, title, and description for the post in 1,000 characters or less
4. Attach an image or video in JPEG, PNG, or MP4 format (optional)
5. Click Preview
6. Click Post to publish on the Neighbors feed
*1,000 characters maximum
Best Practices for Creating Urgent Posts
- Add a descriptive post title
- Leave your contact information if you are asking for assistance
- Keep your description as detailed as possible
- Add images or media to your post, if applicable
- Provide updates as needed to keep your community informed
- Reply back to your residents’ comments
Who Will See My Post?
Posts made on the Neighbors App are public and can be shared with anyone. Through the Neighbors App, residents can define the area around their home they want to see posts from. This area can extend up to 5 miles.
Once your post is created, the location associated with the post will be used to determine who will see it. If a resident has chosen to receive posts from that location, they will see your post in their Neighbors Feed. This ensures that residents are only receiving relevant information.
What Happens After I Create a Post?
Residents may comment on it by providing further information, asking for more details, or simply acknowledging your post. They can also contact you directly if you provide your contact information in the post. To keep you updated, you will receive an email notification each time there is activity on a post you’ve created.